Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - May 31

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. It's always neat seeing what people are reading each week.

Last week I read:

The Wild Vine: A Forgotten Grape And The Untold Story Of American Wine by Todd Kliman. Nonfiction.

The Sword by Brian Litfin. Fantasy novel set after a catastrophe wiped out modern civilization.

Be #1 on Google: 52 Fast and Easy Search Engine Optimization Tools to Drive Customers to Your Web Site by Jon Smith. Nonfiction, business and computer book, but there's some good information there for anyone with a website.

Building A WordPress Blog People Want To Read by Scott McNulty. Nonfiction book on Wordpress.

Honor Among Enemies by David Weber. Science Fiction, part of the Honor Harrington series.

What I'm reading right now:
In Enemy Hands by David Weber. The next book in the Honor Harrington series. I'm having a bit of trouble with this one as I know what's going to happen. It's a bit like a train wreck in that way.

X-Wing Rogue Squadron Vol. 1. This one's thanks to the Weekly Geeks post on Graphic Novels. Reminded me I should give them another try.

How To Cook Everything Tenth Anniversary Edition by Mark Bittman. I decided to read the book cover to cover. Finding a lot of neat recipes to try.

Stealing Fire by Jo Graham. Historical Fantasy set just after Alexander The Great.

Books I intend to read this week:

The next book in the Honor Harrington series by David Weber

Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

You had a fantastic week! Well done. Stealing Fire sounds interesting. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-31-may.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I had to laugh when I see how you described In Enemy Hands.... I have had books like that.

Have a super week of great reads!

Elena said...

Thanks Jennifer. So far, Stealing Fire has been great.

Sheila, it's funny. I can't stand to read the book, but I can't put it away either (partly because I've got to finish it to go on to the next book).
The same wish to you as well.

Harvee said...

Bullet sounds as if it could be interesting, especially if the author is the one I think she is - writer of archaeological mysteries? Here what I'm reading in my teaser Tuesday.

Samantha said...

Thanks for the post and link on graphic novels - I'm a big fan and always looking for new material to read. Have a wonderful week!

Tea said...

I would love to read The Wild Vine: I always think of Lucy and Ethel stamping all those grapes for wine. The true story of wine making I would like to know.

http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2010/06/olive-kitteridge-by-elizabeth-strout.html

Elena said...

Book Dilettante, I don't think I've ever heard of Laurell K. Hamilton's books described as archaeological mysteries before. Somehow, I think you're thinking of a different author here. Still, I'm looking forward to the read. Thanks for commenting.

You're very welcome, Samantha. Here's hoping you found it useful.

Thanks for stopping in, Tea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...