Saturday, May 8, 2010

E-book Reader

I broke down and bought myself an e-book reader the other day. I'll admit I've had a bit of bad luck with it so far (faulty charging cord I think) but overall I absolutely love it. I got the new Kobo E-reader. It's the most reasonably priced, and it supports the e-pub and pdf formats. Besides, the reader comes with a hundred books already loaded on it, mostly from the Gutenberg Project, but still... Charlotte Bronte, Jules Verne, Homer, Chaucer, Edward Gibbon, fairy tales from several countries, you name it, it's probably there!

Can borrow from the library with it too (neat discovery of the day yesterday, and why I wasn't online to post my What Would You Recommend?).

Now I'll finally be able to read those e-books I've been sent now and again. I've been feeling guilty about them, but they haven't exactly gotten along with my computer.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you like your new eReader. Free books is good. I was amazed how many books were available for free in the iBookstore for the iPad.

J.G. said...

I have one friend who's gone to the Kindle and she loves it. Hope you have the same experience of immediacy, convenience, etc.

I'll be interested to hear if it changes the reading and reviewing experience for you. Can you put sticky tabs on the virtual pages?

Elena said...

So far, I'm really loving it. Free books are everywhere! The Baen Free Library's been my friend for a while - going to have to go back and see what's new, as well as redownloading the books in a better format for the Kobo. Also the Gutenberg Project. Going to have to check them out too. That's where the books that came with the Kobo came from.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...