Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bone Crossed - Patricia Briggs

Bone Crossed
Patricia Briggs
Berkely Trade
Copyright: 2009
9780441016761

From the cover of the book:
Welcome to Patricia Briggs's world, a place where "witches, vampires, werewolves, and shapeshifters live beside ordinary people" (Booklist). It takes a very unusual woman to call it home - and there's no one quite like Mercy Thompson.

By day, Mercy is a car mechanic in the sprawling Tri-Cities of Eastern Washington. By night, she explores her preternatural side. As a shapeshifter with some unique talents, Mercy has often found herself having to maintain a tenuous harmony between the human and the not so human. This time she may get more than she bargained for.

Marsilia, the local Vampire Queen, has learned that Mercy crossed her by slaying a member of her clan - and she's out for blood. But since Mercy is protected from direct reprisal by the werewolf pack (and her close relations hip with its sexy Alpha), it won't be Mercy's blood Marsilia is after.

It'll be her friends.
This is a re-read, as I first read Bone Crossed last year when it came out in hardcover. My original review is here.

The sequel to Iron Kissed, Bone Crossed takes up the story within a couple of days of the ending of the previous book. Mercy certainly doesn't get a break! While she's dealing with the aftermath of the events of Iron Kissed, the events of Blood Bound come back to haunt her. As she knew they would, just not when.

At the same time, she's made her choice between Samuel and Adam. As I said in my last review of Iron Kissed, I'm definitely feeling sorry for Samuel, and I hope Patricia Briggs has something nice planned for him in the future. Charles has his own series: the Alpha and Omega series, so it would be nice if there's something similar planned for his brother.

Definitely a good read, and there's plenty more for the next book, Silver Borne, due out in April (I think). I can't wait. The way the Mercy Thompson series has been going, it should definitely be good. Overall, this is a series that you can read at least twice (probably more, the way I'm enjoying it this time).

4 comments:

LibraryGirl said...

I can't wait for Silver Borne either! I have it pre-ordered already. I think I probably will go back and re-read the others before it comes out though. Briggs includes so many little details in her writing and sometimes I forget them so it is nice to have them fresh in my mind to start with.

Elena said...

I've been thinking about pre-ordering, but I have all the others in paperback, so I'm probably going to wait for that.

Thanks for stopping in with a comment, Angela.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the next book in the series. I like your idea of giving Samuel a series of his own.

Elena said...

Thanks for stopping in Rhinoa. I wonder if she'll do that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...