Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Feb. 22

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is now hosted each Monday (It wouldn't be "It's Monday!" if it was posted on any other day of the week now, would it?) at One Person's Journey Through The World Of Books. I'm glad she took the meme over, as it's a great way to hopefully keep on track of your reading each week. Doesn't always work out that way though. I went completely off track this past week.

Last week I finished:
Devil Of The Highlands by Lynsay Sands. Romance novel and a quick read.

Master of Desire by Kinley MacGregor. Another romance novel. Are you seeing a trend here for the coming week? I know I am :)

The Hastur Lord by Marion Zimmer Bradley and Deborah J. Ross. Just finished last night and haven't gotten the review up yet. The newest Darkover novel.

Your Hate Mail Will Be Graded by John Scalzi. A collection of entries from his blog.

Firebird by Mercedes Lackey. One of Mercedes Lackey's fairytale retellings.

The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon. One of my favorite fantasy novels.

I'd say I had a really good week there. Hadn't realized until just now how many books I actually read there.

What I'm currently reading:

The Kindness of Strangers by John Boswell. I'm still reading this one from last week. Books like this are going to show up for more than one week at a time as I do a lot of my reading at work, but these ones I like to take notes on so they stay home.


Claiming The Highlander by Kinley MacGregor. Another Romance novel.

Seducing A Scottish Bride by Sue-Ellen Welfonder. And, another Romance novel.

King Arthur's Death The Middle English Stanzaic Morte Arthur and the Alliterative Morte Arthur edited by Larry D Benson. Middle English poetry for the Pre Printing Press Challenge (it just squeaks in under the requirements) and the Tournament of Reading challenge.

Books for the upcoming week (assuming I get through the list I'm reading now):
More of the Kinley MacGregor series
Knight of Desire by Maragaret Mallory
Bride For A Knight by Sue-Ellen Welfonder

6 comments:

Curling up by the Fire said...

Thanks for the review of Elizabeth Moon's Trilogy as I have not yet read it. I have actually picked it up several times at the library and put it back, but the next time I see it, I will read it. I just love a good fantasy trilogy.

Happy reading week!

Elena said...

Here's hoping you like it as much as I have. The Deed of Paksenarrion is one of my favorites. For all it's fantasy with magic and all other that that implies, it has a feel of realism that some others don't.

April (BooksandWine) said...

Wow, I am in awe of how much you are able to get read in a given week! So jealous!

Happy reading though :-)

Here's what I'm reading

Elena said...

Not all weeks are like that though April. And happy reading to you too.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Super busy week! Wow! Your Hate Mail Will Be Graded by John Scalzi sounds interesting....

Have another good week! :)

Elena said...

That was one of my favorites for the week Sheila. Hope you have a great week too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...