Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blood Bound - Patricia Briggs

Blood Bound
Patricia Briggs
Ace Fantasy
Copyright: 2007
9780441014736

From the back of the book:
Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return the average law-abiding solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places - and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary - and neither is the demon inside of him...
Blood Bound is the sequel to Moon Called. I should note this is the second time I've read and reviewed this book on this blog. The first time is here. I'm loving the Mercy Thompson series as much this time around as I did last year. I'd forgotten the details enough that it was almost like reading the book for the first time again.

So far, none of the books are more than short reads, but they're the type to keep you up far past your bedtime as you keep wanting to know "what happens next?". Both Moon Called and Blood Bound have kept me up past one in the morning, and Iron Kissed did the same thing last night.

Where Moon Called introduced us to the whole world Patricia Briggs has created, she focused on the werewolves in that book. This book has the story focus on the vampires who are both the good guys and the bad guys of the book. And, they are creepy! Stefan's not so bad but the others?

Mercy still hasn't made her choice between Adam and Samuel, which is leading to some tension in the pack, and tension between the two men. That's the main difference between this series and paranormal romances - the relationships take more than a book to set up and resolve.

I loved this book and the rest of the series. I'm pretty sure I said it the first time I reviewed Blood Bound and the others, but this is still my favorite urban fantasy series. Definitely five stars.

4 comments:

Adele said...

love Mercy.

Elena said...

She's a great character!

Sarah said...

Great review Elena, I've added your link to mine :o)

Elena said...

Thanks Sarah.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...