Friday, February 26, 2010

What Would You Recommend? - John Grisham

This is a question I get asked all the time working in the bookstore: "What would you recommend for somebody who loved "_________"? (fill in the blank)" Usually I can come up with something, but that something can be a bit of a wild guess if it's not a book or genre I normally read. This is where you helpful people come in. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

John Grisham. One of the more prolific authors out there. I've heard people (who didn't like his books) call him formulaic, but I've also seen a lot of people coming into the store and requesting them, so clearly they're quite popular. What else might someone who liked these books enjoy? They're not quite mysteries (at least, they're not classed as mysteries for sales purposes), but there's still the issues of crime and laws, although as I understand it, the books are from a lawyer's perspective. No, I don't know a lot about Grisham's books, so I'm at a bit of a loss here. On the other hand, I had another person who works at the same store asking me the same question earlier this week.

So, what would you suggest?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...