Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Feb 15

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now being hosted each week at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks for taking over and helping keep me on track with my reading each week.

This past week I read the following books:
Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs. The first book in the Alpha And Omega spin-off from the Mercy Thompson series. Loved it.

The Elephant Keeper by Christopher Nicholson. Fiction that reads like a biography. Good, but not my favorite book ever.

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow. Read for my guest review at Royal Reviews. I've got to get the review written up and sent off. A good story even though it made me uncomfortable.

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs. The fourth book in the Mercy Thompson series, this book just came out in paperback recently. Loved it, possibly the best in the series to date.

What I'm reading now:

The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon. One of my favorite fantasy novels to date, I'm rereading it now, because the next book, Oath of Fealty is coming out mid-March. This book is actually made up of Sheepfarmer's Daughter, Divided Allegience and Oath of Gold. I'm midway through the Divided Allegience part of the book.

The Kindness of Strangers by John Boswell. A nonfiction book on the history of child abandonment from late antiquity through the Middle Ages. I'm reading this one for the Tournament Of Reading. It's interesting, if dense going. There are sometimes pages (frequently) where there's four or five lines of text and the rest of the page is footnotes.

What I plan to read this week:

I haven't planned much beyond reading Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs. I'm being distracted by the Olympics.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have those Briggs books on my TBR shelf - glad to know you enjoyed them! The Deed of Paksenarrion sounds interesting and I will be checking it out!

Elena said...

The Deed of Paksenarrion is really good. I hope you do give it a chance.

I love Patricia Brigg's books. Only another couple of months until the next Mercy Thompson book.

Thanks for commenting Kay.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Sounds like a great week you had and the books look wonderful. I hope this week is a good one for you too!

Elena said...

Thanks Sheila. With the books I'm reading, I'd say it's going to be a good week. Here's wishing you the same.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...