Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? February 21

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. I love this meme as it is a great way to keep on track with reading most of the time.

Last week I read:
Owlsight by Mercedes Lackey. Fantasy, fiction. The second book about Darian Firkin. I really love the Valdemar books published around this era as the illustrations are truly spectacular.

In Fire Forged edited by David Weber. Science fiction. A book of three novellas set in the world of Honor Harrington. Also a section of information on ship weapons and armour.

I'm currently reading:
Journey To The Center Of The Earth by Jules Verne. I'm getting there now - about three quarters of the way through the book and enjoying it.

In Dreams Begin by Skyler White. Still struggling with this one.

The Fires of Vesuvius by Mary Beard. Non Fiction, history, archaeology. Slow going, but I'm quite enjoying this read. Mary Beard has a great writing style going.

I'm planning to read:
Snow Flower And The Secret Fan by Lisa See. This will be a re-read, and only if I can find my copy of the book.

3 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I'm planning on finishing "Men in Space" which is a novel I bought from Samhain publishing. It's pretty good and filled with sexy men kissing.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Jules Verne? Impressive! Enjoy all your books this week :)

Elena said...

Interesting, Michael.

Thanks, Sheila. So far, I am. I hope you have a good week of it too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...