Saturday, October 26, 2013

15 Days Book Blog Challenge: 15 Book Related Confessions

This is Day 1's post for the 15 Day Book Blog challenge being hosted by April of Good Books and Good Wine. The theme of today's post is 15 Book Related Confessions. My post introducing the challenge on my blog is here.

Here are mine:
  1. I hate it when they change cover designs/styles midway through a series. Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series is a prime example of this. I think they're on cover style 3 now, but only for the later books in the series. It drives me nuts. I think I like my books to match on the shelf more. The same thing holds true for book sizes. I've seen some publishers trying a slightly taller mass-market paperback size, and that's great - unless it's book four and five of a series that they're trying it on.
  2. I am a bit of a sucker for paranormal romance and urban fantasy novels. Give it a couple of good reviews, interesting cover copy or a couple of direct recommendations and I'll at least give it a second look.
  3. I sometimes feel like I should be reading books from my Unread Books List rather than buying new books or rereading my old books.
  4. If not reading books from my yearly Unread Books List, then at least I should be finding new authors and titles to read rather than the same five or six authors.
  5. I prefer hardcover books to trade or mass-market paperbacks - except for travel and beach reading where they're just too bulky.
  6. I usually have at least two books on the go at any one time. Although, the number of books I'm reading at any one time has been as high as four books. Right now though, it's only one book.
  7. I prefer physical books to e-books quite strongly. The latter are useful for travel - until the battery on the reader goes or it malfunctions (as a fast reader I appreciate the reduction in weight that comes from needing to only take one book with me plus the reader). I also have to admit that I've discovered a couple of great authors through e-books, but there's nothing like an actual book in my hands.
  8. I have been known to buy a book almost solely on the merits of the cover.
  9. Lately books have been taking a back seat to some of my other hobbies like crochet or cross-stitch.
  10. I don't see the point of graphic novel adaptations of existing novels.
  11. The same thing is true for the ever-growing number of zombie novels being published
  12. I wish I read more non-fiction. I keep buying the books and intending to read them, but somehow I never get around to it.
  13. I love poking through my friends' bookshelves.
  14. I wish I could convince myself to use the library more, but nearly always when I borrow books they go back unread - even though I had the best of intentions when I borrowed the books.
  15. If I like a book, I'm probably going to re-read it at least once more, and probably multiple times. Which habit is reflected on my blog with some books having two and even three reviews at times.
It was actually surprisingly difficult to come up with fifteen different confessions. I thought this might be one of the easier posts to write too. Guess I was wrong.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...