Monday, March 28, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? March 28th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks Sheila.

I have to say, this past week was a really good one in terms of reading for once, although a lot of it was re-reading books. What I didn't get done were the reviews.

I read:
Twilight's Dawn by Anne Bishop. The latest book set in her Black Jewels universe. A collection of novellas, the core of which was set simultaneously with The Shadow Queen and Shalador's Lady. A new release which I bought as soon as I saw it. Fantasy, and perhaps not for everyone, but I like the world.

Dreams Made Flesh by Anne Bishop. The other collection of short stories set in the Black Jewels universe. I didn't finish the book, but I hadn't intended to. I was mostly interested in the story of Luciavar and Marian this time, though I also enjoyed the story of how the Blood came to be.

The Shadow Queen by Anne Bishop. Fantasy. The first part of the aftermath from the events at the end of the original trilogy when Jaenelle cleansed the realm of Terrielle. The link is from an earlier re-read.

Shalador's Lady by Anne Bishop. Are you sensing a theme here? This is the last one. The sequel to The Shadow Queen. Honestly, I think these two are some of the best books in the Black Jewels world. Again, the link is from my last read.

What I'm reading now:
Shogun by James Clavell. This one's taking some doing this time around, but I'm enjoying the read.

River Marked by Patricia Briggs. Nearly finished with this, the latest book in the Mercy Thompson series. Think I only have a few pages to go. I'm enjoying the book, but not racing through it the way I have the others.

Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff. I probably should count this as abandoned, but I don't want to yet.

The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon. Same thing as above. The link goes to my last read of the book.

The Fires of Vesuvius by Mary Beard. This is the last book in this category for this week.

What I'm planning to read:
Snow Flower And The Secret Fan by Lisa See. Another book I've read before.

Like I really need to be adding more books with the list I've got going right now!

5 comments:

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

I'd like to read Lisa See's book - understand they are making a movie of it! Happy REading!

Jennifer said...

Oh do you not care for Cleopatra? I adored that book. I hope you enjoy your reading this week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-32.html

Elena said...

Sharon, I hadn't heard anything about that at all. I hope they do as it's a really good book. Thanks for stopping in with a comment.

Jennifer, I'm enjoying the Cleopatra book, it's just that I'm reading enough others at the moment that it keeps getting pushed back. Thanks for stopping in.

redhead said...

this morning I finished Anne McCaffery's Dragonflight (review coming soon!), and then I picked up Agatha H and the Airship City by Phil & Kaja Foglio.

how many books have you got going at once? wow!!

Elena said...

I love the original Dragonrider books, redhead, although it's been a long time since I read them. A long time since I started reading the series too - soon after Dolphins of Pern came out in paperback iirc. Thanks for commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...