Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - March 14

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted every Monday over at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. Sheila works hard to keep us all on track with our reading each week. Thanks.

Last week I didn't get any books finished, for two reasons really: One. I was on vacation (pictures to come), so reading wasn't as much of a priority. And, reason two: the books I'm reading are long ones.

The books I'm reading:
The Fires of Vesuvius by Mary Beard. Non Fiction about the archaeology and history of the city of Pompeii. Actually, this is turning out to be a really neat book to read, even though it's slipping onto the back burner.

The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon. Fantasy omnibus edition. I love this book, and the new one is coming out in about a week. I can't wait!

Shogun by James Clavell. Historical fiction about Japan. I've read this one before, but I'm enjoying reading it again. Starts off slowly, but now I'm racing through it.

I'm planning to read (If I get through this stack):

Stealing Fire by Jo Graham. Historical Fantasy.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Shogun sounds very interesting, but I don't think I could commit to reading a 1000+ page book! Have a great week!

Elena said...

And I'm reading two of those, Julie. Have a great week yourself.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I've started reading some really dark fiction and am kind of enjoying it. Some of the descriptions though are really gross. I'm not sure why I find this kind of writing interesting at this time of my life. Maybe because it seems so different than all the other stuff out there right now.

Jennifer said...

I enjoy historical fiction so I will be checking into some of these. Enjoy your books and have a lovely week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-30.html

Elena said...

Thanks for stopping in with a comment, Michael. Sometimes we just need a change, maybe that's why.

I'll stop in and check that out, Jennifer, thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...