Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - January 17

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. It's one of my favourite memes, even though lately I haven't been participating. Mostly because I've been in a real reading slump. With any luck though, I've shaken it this week.

This past week I read the following books:
Trio of Sorcery by Mercedes Lackey - fantasy, three novellas.

Finding the Way and Other Tales Of Valdemar edited by Mercedes Lackey

I'm currently reading:
The Fires of Vesuvius: Pompeii Lost And Found by Mary Beard. Non Fiction book about the ruins of Pompeii and the lives of the Romans.

Pegasus by Robin McKinley. Teen fantasy.

I have no clue what I'm going to be reading next to be honest.

9 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You had some good reading this past week! New titles to me but they all sound good!

Anassa said...

I hope you've kicked the slump!

I'm currently halfway through Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger. It had a somewhat slow start, but I'm enjoying it now.

Just finished Wild Cards I. Excellent! Cool take on a superpowered world. (It's reviewed on my blog, if you're interested. )

Elena said...

Thanks Sheila. They were. I finished Pegasus tonight and will review it tomorrow.

I'll be over to check it out in the morning, Anassa (and no, Midnight doesn't count as morning today). :)

Anassa said...

Heh, wasn't assuming it did. I don't count midnight as morning unless I'm being silly. :)

Looking forward to your Pegasus review! I have an ARC of it, but haven't been in the mood for it yet.

Elena said...

It was GOOD!

Tracy said...

Some good books there, I love reading about Pompey

Elena said...

I'm certainly finding it fascinating, Tracy. Although I love Roman history, I haven't read too much beyond the absolute basics about Pompeii.

As far as I've gotten in Mary Beard's book, I'm definitely going to be recommending it.

Kelly said...

I love the look of Pegasus, how are you liking it so far? Have a great week! :)

Elena said...

I loved it Kelly. There'd better be a sequel though! I rather think there is a second book planned, if I remember what I read on Robin McKinley's blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...