Sunday, February 15, 2009

Upcoming Books (Mostly New Ones)


The Serrano Succession
Elizabeth Moon
Baen Books
978-1439132883
Release Date: September 8, 2009 (Amazon.com)

This is an omnibus edition of the third and fourth books about Esmay Suiza and Barin Serrano. The first two books in the series were Once A Hero and Rules of Engagement. This volume is comprised of Change of Command and Against The Odds.

I remember enjoying the series when the books first came out, so to be honest, I'm eagerly keeping an eye out for this one when it's released. I can't exactly give details about the storyline however as it's been long enough since I read the books that rereading is going to be like reading the series for the first time. Elizabeth Moon is one of my favorite authors for military science fiction (the other one being David Weber).

By Heresies Distressed
David Weber
Tor Books
978-0765315038
Release Date: July 21, 2009 (Amazon.com)

This is, going by the title and the cover image, going to be the third book in the series beginning with Off Armageddon Reef. Going by the previous book, By Schism Rent Asunder, this is going to be a book that will keep me up all night reading it. At the moment there is very little information about the book available on the amazon.com page, and no blurb on the indigo.ca page either.

Storm From The Shadows
David Weber
Baen Books
9781416591474
Release Date: March 3,2009 (Indigo.ca)

This is, I'm sure the book all David Weber fans are looking for: It's the next book set in the world of Honor Harrington. According to the Indigo.ca page blurb, the book is the prequel to The Shadow of Saganami. It looks as though a third (or, is that fourth?) side is going to start getting involved in the war between the Star Kingdom of Manticore and the Havenite forces. I can't wait. Weber is one of those authors that keeps me up far to late at night when I'm reading his books.

Skin Trade
Laurell K. Hamilton
Berkley Hardcover
978-0425227725
Release Date: June 2, 2009 (Amazon.com)

The seventeenth book in the Anita Blake series. Going by the hints on Laurell K. Hamilton's blog, this looks like it's going to be a really good book (of course, I've got to get around to finishing the previous book, Blood Noir, first). It's certainly got some stunning (and creepy) cover art displayed. However, at the moment, there's no blurb about the book on either Amazon.com or Indigo.ca.

Acheron
Sherrilyn Kenyon
St. Martin's Press
9780312949419
Release Date: March 31, 2009 (Indigo.ca)

This is the awaited mass-market release of Sherrilyn Kenyon's book Acheron. I know I've been waiting for it even though I've already read the book in hardcover.

Born of the Night
Sherrilyn Kenyon
St. Martin's Press
9780312942304
Release Date: September 29, 2009 (Indigo.ca)

I can't even guess whether this is a Dark-Hunter novel or one of her other series. I'd have said Dark-Hunter, but there's Phantom in the Night which came out last year, which I believe is one of the B.A.D. novels. Unfortunately there's no blurb available yet. I'll be posting a note when I do discover a blurb for the book. Simply consider this an early warning to start saving for more Sherrilyn Kenyon novels. In addition, Amazon seems not to have this item even listed yet. All the information here is off of indigo.ca

Bad Moon Rising: A Dark-Hunter Novel
Sherrilyn Kenyon
St. Martin's Press
978-0312369491
Release Date: August 4, 2009 (Amazon.com)

This one is definitely a Dark-Hunter novel, and I think, the next major one. It's certainly the next hardcover issue, and as a result, I don't think there will be any complaints about the book being too short. Unfortunately, as with the previous Kenyon listed, there's no blurb to say who the book is about. Still, I can't wait, as given the cliff-hanger in Dream Warrior, the book should definitely be a good one. I'll be keeping an eye out for the blurb, at which time I'll post an alert. Not only is there no blurb yet, but no cover display either.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...