Monday, February 23, 2009

Paperback Releases

Here are some of the upcoming paperback releases:

Tangled Webs
Anne Bishop
Roc
978-0451462220
Release date March 3, 2009 (Amazon.com)

This book came out last year in hardcover. Now the time is coming to get it in paperback if you decided to wait.

Tangled Webs is set after the events in the Black Jewels trilogy and the anthology Dreams Made Flesh. It appears that the main character is Surreal. I can't say more, as to my shame although I bought the book some months back, I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, although it is on my tbr pile/list.

Viewpoints Critical
L. E. Modesitt Jr.
Tor Books
978-0765318589
To be released April 14, 2009 (Amazon.com)

Viewpoints Critical is a book of Modesitt's short stories set in various worlds - some connected to his bigger series, and others not. There are a couple of stories set in the world of the Corean Chronicles, one Recluse Saga story, and several science fiction ones. The story that sticks in my mind, even several months later is the one where Modesitt wrote the story entirely in the form of newspaper stories over a period of time. There's no characters at all, but the story works, and works well.

I've enjoyed reading it in the hardcover, but I'm waiting for the paperback edition myself.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...