Friday, January 18, 2008

Wolfspeaker - Tamora Pierce

It's a double whammy today with two book reviews.

Wolfspeaker
Tamora Pierce
Copyright: 1994
Simon & Schuster Childrens Publishing
ISBN: 1416903445

The sequel to Wild Magic, this is the second book in the Immortals Quartet. It's just as good, if not better, building off of the storyline of Wild Magic. Again, this is a book you could read on it's own without a problem.

My one complaint with this book is a formatting choice. There is nothing setting off mental communication/talk between animals from description or anything, making it a bit hard to figure out sometimes. And with a lot of it, reading got a bit annoying after a while.

The story wound itself up nicely while setting off the threads for the third book, which I'm looking forward to reading.

As with Tamora Pierce's other books I've read, I found myself staying up late to read more. I kept saying 'just one more chapter' to myself. Well that finally ended when I finished the book. This is a good story for children or adults.

The characters keep growing and becoming more rounded with each book in the series as well. For example, the Stormwings, while still villains are no longer completely evil.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...