Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You reading? September 7

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is kindly hosted each Monday by J. Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog.

This was definitely a slow week.

I only got The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran and The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett read.

For the coming week, I'd really like to finish reading Sir Gawain And The Green Knight. It shouldn't take a week, but I'm attempting the Middle-English version of the Early English Text Society. At the same time, I can claim to be reading the J.R.R. Tolkien translation, as I'm using it as a cheat-sheet. Getting this read would be a step towards completing both the Pre-Printing Press Challenge and the Arthurian Challenge.

Beyond that, I'd like to get Defenders of the Scroll read.

5 comments:

Anna said...

I read Sir Gawain and the Green Knight last year. It's a good one.
Have a happy week of reading!

Elena said...

It is. I've read it before, but I've never really focused on the Middle-English version. In fact, it was one of the texts I had to read for a class a few years ago (Had a facing page translation edition that I can't find now).

Jennifer said...

Wow reading it in Middle English! I am impressed. Enjoy! My list is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

Elena said...

You've got a good ambitious week set up. Enjoy.

The Middle-English is turning out to be not so bad after all. I can generally get the gist of what's going on, even if I miss the finer details.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think you have two really good ones!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...