Monday, September 28, 2009

Clear Off Your Shelves Challenge


You've seen my TBR pile post LOL. This is the perfect challenge for me! It runs from October 1 to November 30, 2009.

The rules are, and the full rules post is here:
1. Any non-review books that are on your shelves and/or review copies that have been on your shelves for over six months.
2. This challenge will work a little differently than other challenges. Instead of picking a set number of books to read during this time period, you will pick a percentage. This means that a certain percentage of the books you read during these two months will have to qualify for this challenge. For example, let’s say you pick 40% and you end up reading 10 books in October and November. 4 of those books would have to qualify for this challenge in order for you to complete it. I am setting a minimum percentage of 20%.

I'm going to set a high percentage: 50%. I can't afford to buy any new books for the next couple of months (although there are several I really want to get). What's more, as I'm moving in the near future, I'm taking the title of the challenge literally, and getting rid of the books I read for this challenge once I'm done with them)

The books read for this challenge:
  1. In Celebration of Lammas Night by Mercedes Lackey. Ed. Josepha Sherman
  2. The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
  3. Lady Of The Forest by Jennifer Roberson
  4. Lady of Sherwood by Jennifer Roberson
  5. King And Goddess - Judith Tarr
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...