Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Book Talk Meme

Found this one over at J. Kaye's Book Blog and thought it looked like fun. I know, so many memes, so few book reviews right now. It's because I'm nowhere near the end of either book I'm reading right now...Unless you want a review of a half-finished book?

1. Do you have a favorite author?

Yes! J.R.R. Tolkien. There's other authors I love, but this is the one who really started my love of reading, is the gold standard against which I compare a lot of other authors, and is the one I collect. By any definition, that makes him my favorite, even if I'm actually reading less Tolkien these days.


2. What are your favorite genres?

Science-fiction/Fantasy, historical fiction and history mostly.

3. Least favorite genre?

Religion, self-help. Oh yes, also Horror (I don't count Laurell K. Hamilton as horror even though the bookstores do).


3. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?

I can't think of any.


4. What genre would you like to read more of but don’t?

That would have to be young adult fantasy. I'm poking around over there and finding more books to love.


5. What was your favorite book when you were 10 years old?

The Lord of the Rings. I was eleven when I'd worn out my first copy to the point pages were falling out of the FOTR. And most of that was because I'd read it, then flip back to the first page of the first book and start again.


6. What books are on your wish list right now?

Too many to count. My Amazon wishlist is over three hundred and eighty items long (mostly books too). There's a lot of history books, and some of the harder to find books on Tolkien there as well as normal fiction.
Some of the top books though include:
  1. Gwenhwyfar: The White Spirit (A Novel of King Arthur)by Mercedes Lackey
  2. An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon
  3. Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
  4. The Black Ships by Jo Graham

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love when bloggers post these things. I learn more about the person behind the blog. :)

Lisa said...

The length of your wish list makes me feel much better about mine. Not that mines shorter, just that I'm glad someone else is so hopelessly buried!

Elena said...

You know, they actually serve two purposes then, J. Kaye. Adding yours is a third. I like reading them when others do them for the same reason. I do them because they are fun (and also because, when I'm reading longer books, they serve to keep the blog active).

Thanks for stopping by Lisa. Glad to know I'm not alone in that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...