Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - December 12

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks Sheila for trying to keep us all on track with our reading.

It's been a decent week for reading this past week.
I finished reading:
The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey. Fiction, Science Fiction. More or less a science fiction novel that has a lot of romance to it, this is a book that's a classic in my opinion.

Under The Vale edited by Mercedes Lackey. Fantasy, Fiction, Anthology. The latest book of short stories set in the world of Valdemar. Some of the authors include Tanya Huff and Elizabeth Waters, as well as Fiona Patton, Larry Dixon and Mercedes Lackey herself.

I'm currently reading:
Gwenhwyfar by Mercedes Lackey. Fantasy, Fiction. I've read this book before, back when it first came out. The story is an Arthurian based one, and I'm really noticing similarities to Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mists of Avalon this time around. I was inspired to read it by reading Black Horses For The King by Anne McCaffrey a couple of weeks ago. Nearly finished the read.

Ring Of Words: Tolkien And The Oxford English Dictionary by Peter Gilliver, Jeremy Marshall and Edmund Weiner. Non Fiction. This is kind of weird. I thought I knew what this book was going to be about, but it's turning out to be something completely different. Still interesting - perhaps even more interesting for all of that. I'd thought it was going to be a more detailed biography of Tolkien's years during which he was working on the OED, but instead it's turned out to be about the words he edited. Neat! Actually, I need to get back to this one.

Ancient Greece by Sarah B. Pomeroy, et al. Non Fiction, History. Actually this one was one of my college and university textbooks. Re-reading it now for various reasons.

Again, I don't really know what I'm going to be reading next.

2 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have a great looking line up of books!

Elena said...

Thanks, Sheila. I'm looking forward to reading some of them (or re-reading as the case may be).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...