Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bookstore Lore - Tom Lichtenberg

Bookstore Lore
Tom Lichtenberg
June 2010

This is a bit of a weird one for reviewing. On the Kobo Books website, it's a free e-book, but at the same time, the complete contents of the book are also available as a single post blog: bookstorelore.blogspot.com. Whichever way you opt to read it, this is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

Now, a good part of that might be because I work in a bookstore, so I've had similar questions asked of me many a time, but some of them are so far out there, it's almost unbelievable. On the other hand, given human nature....

There's questions like:
Do you have this book? It's about this big and the cover's red. 
Or, my perennial favourite:
Do you work here?
Even if you don't work in a bookstore, anyone who works retail might just get a giggle out of the read. And, it's short. E-book form in a medium font, the book came out at about 60 pages, including the introduction. If you liked Malled by Caitlin Kelly, you might really enjoy this little gem.

3 comments:

J.G. said...

I had to stop reading because I was laughing so hard it made my face hurt. But I'll go back and read the rest as soon as I have recovered.

Thank you for pointing out this gem!

redhead said...

I read a chunk of it, it was hilarious! just hanging around at my local bookstore I hear a lot of that stuff, and that's just me hanging out there a few hours a month, imagine what the employees hear day in and day out!!

Elena said...

We hear plenty of that, though some of those are beyond even what I've heard. Although, I did have someone come in looking for paint and brushes for painting their home a few weeks ago. That was pretty funny. Thanks for commenting.

J.G. I'll bet you'll find the rest just as funny. Thanks for stopping in with a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...