Monday, April 18, 2011

It`s Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books each week. It's a great way to keep track of your reading each week, and lots of fun to see what everyone else is reading too.

Last week I read:
Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel. Fiction, the concluding book to the Earth's Children saga about Ayla and Jondalar. This is one long book! But, I found it moved pretty quickly.

Kings of the North by Elizabeth Moon. Fantasy, the sequel to Oath of Fealty. This was my favourite book of the week. I've been waiting for it since the day that the previous book came out.

I'm currently reading:
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. Historical fiction, set in nineteenth century China. I've read the book before, and I'm loving it as much on this read as I did last time. Highly, highly recommended!

I'm planning to read:
Madame Tussaud: A novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Excellent book choices. I adored Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and I hope you do as well. Happy reading and have a wonderful week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-35.html

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Hope you enjoy it! (: Happy ready this week!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I am glad to hear that Land Of Painted Caves is a fast mover.... I took one look at that monster book and was scared - LOL

Elena said...

I'm definitely enjoying Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Jennifer. Thanks for stopping in.

Oh, yes, it's a great book, dooliterature. Of course, I already knew that :). Thanks for the comment.

Sheila, it took me most of a week, but it was a good read anyway. Of course, I like long books like that. Thanks for commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...