Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Library Loot

Library Loot is kindly hosted by Marg and Eva. I only found the meme earlier this week and I'm finding already that it helps me to go borrow books from the library rather than to buy them (even though they're right there in front of me at work).

This time the books are all kids/teen books: the series by Gary Paulsen starting with Hatchet. Thing is, there's really no clue as to the reading order (aside from Hatchet being the first book).

I ended up borrowing the lot because I've been selling the books to people at work and I have no idea about them. It only helps that the jacket blurbs look interesting as well (besides, I'm a sucker for this type of survival story), and I've enjoyed the Jean George book My Side Of The Mountain. So, they're kid's books. It just means that they're quick reads. I've already finished Hatchet and I just borrowed them a couple of hours ago. Makes a nice change from Laurell K. Hamilton, or academic articles on the medieval world.

The books:
  • Hatchet
  • The River
  • Brian's Return
  • Brian's Hunt
  • Brian's Winter

8 comments:

Marg said...

I don't recall hearing of these books before. I hope you enjoy them!

Elena said...

Already finished two of them, and yes, I am enjoying them a lot.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Haven't read any of these, but I like reading children's books. Have a great day!!

Sherrie
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/06/library-loot_25.html

Elena said...

Thanks Sherrie, you have a great day too.

Blodeuedd said...

I do love quick reads, so enjoy :)

Elena said...

I did enjoy them all. Now I've just got to come up with reviews for them.

Eva said...

I love YA lit! It can provide such a nice break. :) (And most of the time, it's at least as complicated as adult fiction!)

Elena said...

That's for sure. On the other hand though, it can be a bit frustrating sometimes when the "message" of the writer overwhelms the story.

Not the case here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...