Saturday, December 3, 2016

Saturday Snapshots - December 3, 2016

Saturday Snapshots is a meme hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads. The rules of the game are:

To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
Personally, I find that this is one of the most fun memes that I've participated in.

This week I didn't get the early jump on the game that I did last week. On the other hand, I have some new-to-the-blog images I found hiding in my collection during the week to share. With any luck, I might just have some really new images for next week as I'm looking forward to getting out and doing some photography over the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, here's the first photo:


I'm not sure where I took it, or what kind of flower it was. I do know that I took it in July of 2012. I've done a little bit of post-processing with the Google Nik collection - I had discovered this week that it is free.

The second photo needed a bit more post processing to make it into something I liked.


I know a little bit more about this one though. It's from July 2014, and I took it while we were on Newcastle Island - a nearby provincial park. I like herons, but this photo ended up being too dark and distant when I took it. This result is after some rather severe work in Photoshop and Nik.

I have no idea what I'll be posting next week. I'd like for there to be some snowy photos - but that hinges on going snowshoeing this week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...