Monday, December 2, 2013

100 Books In A Year - 2014 Edition

IIRC, I couldn't find the official page for the 100 Books In A Year Challenge the last couple of years, so I'm glad to see it again at Book Chick City.

My reading's been a bit sporadic too over the last few years so I don't know if I'll make a hundred books next year but I'm going to try.

The rules for the challenge are:
Challenge Info
  • Timeline: 01 Jan 2014 – 31 Dec 2014
  • Rules: Read 100 books in 2014 (any genre)
  • You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
  • You can join at anytime. All books read in 2014 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.
  • Audiobooks are accepted.
  • Only fiction, no non-fiction.
  • This challenge can crossover with other challenges.
  • You don’t have to have a blog to join in – for those without a blog but who use Goodreads, Amazon, LibraryThing etc, you can add the URL to where you track your books. If you don’t have a URL at all then choose a name you would like to use and then copy and paste the following link: http://wp.me/p2wdqf-6ZI
  • At the beginning of each month I will be posting an open thread so you can discuss the books you’ve read and/or link up your reviews.
I never noticed the rule about no non fiction in previous years. That's going to make things a lot more difficult, as I've got two non-fiction challenges that I'm participating in, which I was hoping to overlap with this one. Not to mention, my reading of non-fiction has been growing while my fiction reading has been decreasing proportionally.

Oh well. We'll see how things go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...