Monday, November 1, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - November 1

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. It's lots of fun to see what everyone's reading each week, and see their goals. Some are so ambitious (I know I was, but not any more), and others not so much, but everyone's reading.

I only got one book finished last week:
Magic's Pawn by Mercedes Lackey. The first book of one of my favourite series of hers, the Last Herald Mage trilogy. Fantasy.

Currently, I'm reading:
Food Matters by Mark Bittman. The book makes a lot of sense, and the recipes in the back look delicious. I'm planning to try one tonight. The review for Food Matters is going to also end up over at Kitchen Misadventures.

Magic's Promise by Mercedes Lackey. The sequel to Magic's Pawn. Fantasy

Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched The World by Vicki Myron. I'm a sucker for cat stories. Honestly, I had this book for the last couple of years and I'm finally starting it.

Books I'm planning to read:
To be honest, with the three I've got going now, my recent track record and the fact that I'm doing NaNoWriMo this month, I'm going to be happy with the three books I'm reading now.

6 comments:

redhead said...

I've been meaning to pick up that Mark Bittman book, and my mom keeps asking me if I want to read the Dewey book that she has a copy of. I'm a sucker for cats, but cat books, not so much.

this week I'm digging into the graphic novels and manga for graphic novel november. also made the mistake of starting George R R Martin's Song of Ice and Fire from the beginning. why is it a mistake? because I'm looking at like 3500 pages!

Elena said...

Thanks to Food Matters, I'm being badly tempted by the Food Matters Cookbook. I have his other big cookbook already.

I've seen a lot of good reviews for Dewey, so I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for the comment, redhead.

heather said...

I recently saw a documentary on netflix called Food Matters. I don't know if they are related or no. The movie was very thought provoking though.

Elena said...

Heather, I don't know anything about a documentary either, so I can't say.

Thanks for the comment though.

Julie said...

Dewey seems like a really good read; I hope you enjoy it! Good luck with the writing, too!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

Elena said...

So far I've been enjoying Dewey a lot. And, I'm still on wordcount for NaNoWriMo too. Of course, it's only the second day for that...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...