Saturday, December 5, 2009

Newly Released Books

I discovered the other day that the mass market edition of Lover Avenged, the most recent book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward is now out. Apparently it's been out for a couple of weeks now, at least in the United States. In Canada, the book was just released on the first of December, so that's why I only just noticed it.

I know I've been waiting for the paperback to come out before I bought it, and I'd bet a few others have been too. My review of the hardcover is here.

Also, I've seen rumors that the next book is going to be called Lover Mine.

That's not the only book I've been waiting for either that I've seen. I just saw Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton at Indigo today as well. That's the next book in the Merry Gentry series. I'm a bit surprised by that as I didn't think it was supposed to be on the shelves until the eighth - next Tuesday. Either way, given that I loved Swallowing Darkness, I'm going to be reading this one soon.

The next Anita Blake novel will be coming out in February apparently, at least that's what Amazon is saying.

I've also been able to get my hands on the latest anthology of Valdemar stories: Changing The World, edited by Mercedes Lackey. There are some incredible stories there - my review should be up in a few days, as I finished reading it this morning.

I want to write about specific stories though, and I don't have the book handy now, otherwise, I'd have the review up tonight. I can say that a number of the writers have brought back characters they wrote about in previous anthologies such as Crossroads. Mercedes Lackey's story in here is really good too.

There's a new Avalon novel by Diana L. Paxon out too. She's definitely taken over the series from Marion Zimmer Bradley. I think, going by the title, Sword of Avalon, that this story has a connection to Excalibur. Thing is, I haven't read any of the books since Ancestors of Avalon came out, so I'm rather lost as to what's going on in the world now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...