Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - February 18

Saturday Snapshot is a weekly non-book themed meme that is hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books every Saturday. It's lots of fun to participate in and one of the easiest memes there is: All you have to do is post a photo or snapshot you, a friend or a member of your family has taken. It doesn't even need to have been taken in the last week.

The two photos I'm posting are from the same day as the one I took last week of the sunset. That day we stopped at more than just the Porteau Cove. Personally, I love waterfalls, and I'm getting confident enough to start playing with shutter speed and aperture a bit on my camera.


This one was taken on "auto" mode. It's of a section of the waterfall only, as I wanted to zoom in for more of a view of the effects the different speeds had on the water.


By contrast, this is what I was able to get with manual settings.

9 comments:

Trish said...

What a beautiful waterfall!

Elena said...

Thanks Trish. Glad you like it.

Bev Hankins said...

I love pictures of waterfalls! And it's very interesting to see the differences that the settings make.

Here's my snapshot: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/02/saturday-snapshot-valentine-flowers.html

Alyce said...

You can definitely see the difference in the photos. I love playing with the different settings on my camera, but they are all various auto settings for dummies. I really need to take some time to experiment with the manual adjustments.

Elena said...

Thanks, Bev. I'm finding it lots of fun to play with the the settings.

Alyce, it's not too difficult - knock on wood :) I'm finding it fun. If you're wondering, there are some good books on the subject out there. "Understanding Exposure" was one that was recommended to me, and I'm finding it really helpful.

Thanks for commenting, both of you.

Marie said...

Nice photos! I've been playing around with the settings on my camera for years and I'm still learning new stuff everyday!

Elena said...

Thanks Marie. It's so much fun, and I get the feeling that even the pros are still learning new things.

Louise said...

Waterfall pictures are always fabulous.

Elena said...

They are Louise. Thanks for commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...