Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? February 6

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a fun way of keeping track of your reading each week hosted by Sheila of One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks. I'm being helped in the writing of this post by my two cats, who are insistent on walking over the keyboard or sitting in front of the screen.

This has been an interesting week for me, starting my first meme, Friday Favourites. For the introductory week I asked what your favourite book was. I hope to see you there next Friday and all the Friday's afterwards.

In the last week I read:
Shannen And The Dream For A School by Janet Wilson. Non-Fiction, Canadian, Current Events, Children's. This was both an inspiring and a depressing book at the same time, but I really do recommend it for both older children and adults to read. Maybe if enough people read it, change will start to happen. This is not a long read either.

The Silver Gryphon by Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon. Fiction, Fantasy. The third book in the Mage Wars series. I read it on it's own this time more for the survival aspects of the story, something I felt like reading at this time. I found it to be another really good read.

I'm currently reading:
Tortall and Other Lands by Tamora Pierce. Fiction, Fantasy, Teen, Short Stories. Although I love the full novels set in this world, I'm finding that I'm having trouble getting into the stories in this volume. So far, there's one unidentified story which was pretty good, one with Numair, and I'm now onto the third story with Nawat. This might be an issue with me as I often don't really care for short stories anyway.

White Tiger by Kylie Chan. Fiction, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, E-book. I'm still picking my way through this re-read of a book I loved back in September and October. I'm enjoying it too, it just seems to be a slightly slower read this time.

By Fire, By Water by Mitchell James Kaplan. Fiction, History. I don't know. For all that the blurb is great and I loved the beginning of this book, I'm really finding that I'm slowing down in my read of this book. I do want to finish it though.

In Her Name by Michael R. Hicks. Science Fiction, fiction, E-book. I've honestly only just started reading this one so I don't have an opinion yet, but the reviews I've read make it look really good.

I want to read:
I kind of think I have enough books on the go right now without adding more to the list. Regardless, I have the feeling that I'll probably end up starting at least one new book this week. I just don't know what it'll be yet.

4 comments:

Anassa said...

I'm 5/6 of the way through The Iliad, of all things, and looking forward to finishing it. (I'm at the "but I just read 20 pages, how am I not closer?" stage.) Next up is either The Fault in Our Stars or The Hunger Games, I think.

Elena said...

I know that feeling all too well. At the moment it's By Fire, By Water that's doing it to me. And the weird thing is, I'm enjoying the book at the same time.

Hunger Games was a really good read, I have to say. It actually surprised me how much I liked it too. I don't know anything about The Fault In Our Stars though.

Here's hoping you have a really good week, Anassa and thanks for commenting.

redhead said...

I'm reading "Faith", by John Love. a dark scifi psuedo space opera, I'm gonna be losing some sleep over this baby, I just know it.

Elena said...

Sounds interesting, Redhead. Don't know if I really want to be losing sleep though. Hope you have a good week, and thanks for commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...