Monday, February 20, 2012

It`s Monday! What Are You Reading? - February 20th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week by Sheila over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

I've had a really horrible couple of weeks reading-wise, not getting anything finished. I've picked up and discarded Winds of Fate by Mercedes Lackey and Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward within about ten pages each, in hopes of breaking the slump.

Currently, I'm reading:
Caught In Crystal by Patricia C. Wrede. Fiction, E-book, Fantasy. This is the first book I've gotten through NetGalley. A long time ago I remember reading the omnibus edition Shadows over Lyra, set in the same world. About the only reason I haven't finished this one yet is that it's set up for Adobe Digital Editions and I haven't managed to get the work-around for it going on my Kobo Vox yet, so I'm having to read it on my computer.

The Dolphins of Pern by Anne McCaffrey. Fiction, Science Fiction. This was the first Pern book I read back when it first came out. This time I'm both enjoying the read and finding it annoying at the same time.

Ancient Greece: A Political, Social and Cultural History by Sarah B. Pomeroy, Stanley M. Burnstein et al. Non Fiction, History. Amazingly, this is interesting me the most right now. Ancient Greece was one of my textbooks from First Year at University. It's also one of the few books on Ancient Greece that isn't buried in storage right now.

I'd like to read:
Empress of Eternity by L.E. Modesitt Jr. and Gordath Wood by Patrice Sarath. Both of them are library books.

6 comments:

Nise' said...

I'e had a couple of pick up and put downs as well. I am on the 6th book of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Hope this weeks is a better reading week for both of us!

Leah @ The Pretty Good Gatsby said...

I've only read one of Wrede's books and it was pretty lackluster for me. I'm debating whether or not to give her another try, though I have no idea which book I'd choose to read.

Here's what I'm reading!

Lindsey said...

It's great that you are reading your books from school! I should find some of those for a good re-read.
Have a wonderful week!

Elena said...

Those are always a good read, Nise. Good luck and a better week for you. Thanks for commenting.

Leah, she might be worth another try. I know I'm enjoying it, and I'm thinking of seeing if the library has more of her books. Thanks for commenting.

Lindsey, surprisingly, I've enjoyed reading through several of my history textbooks. The same wish for you too.

Shelleyrae said...

I hope you find your reading mojo soon!

Have a great reading week!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Elena said...

Thanks Shellyrae. Hope you have a good week too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...