Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gone Reading - A Whole Range of Neat Gifts

First off, I should say that I was e-mailed and asked to spread the word on this organization, Gone Reading. Looking at what they do, I'm glad to have found out about them, as I might not have otherwise.

Gone Reading is an organization that is trying to spread access to books and reading throughout the developing world, an idea I think is a great one. According to the Our Story page and the founder of Gone Reading, Brad Wirz,
”I had spent 20 years of my life helping to build some of the biggest consumers brands in the world: American Express, Coca-Cola, Corona Beer, the Academy Awards.  I was in the perfect position to create products, gifts for readers, gifts for book lovers, that large numbers of people would want to buy.  That’s what led to GoneReading.”
The profits from all of these items goes to various organizations which help to promote reading and libraries in the Developing World. I have to say, there's some neat Christmas gift ideas on this site - I like the aprons especially.

Also neat is the Gone Reading blog. I've like the entries there that I've seen to date.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...