Friday, July 29, 2011

What Would You Recommend? - Survival Novels

This is a question I get asked all the time working in the bookstore: "What would you recommend for somebody who loved "_________"? (fill in the blank)" Usually I can come up with something, but that something can be a bit of a wild guess if it's not a book or genre I normally read. This is where you helpful people come in. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

I've recently gotten hooked on watching Man Vs Wild, which has started me on wanting to re-read some of the old Children's/Teen classic books I know of  for survival in the wild stories - namely the Hatchet series by Gary Paulsen and My Side of the Mountain (and sequels).

Aside from those books, does anyone know of any other good novels on the subject? And they don't have to be childrens/teen books. Those are just the ones I already know of and have access to of sorts. A couple of nice solid novels would be good - or  a biography or two.

What would you recommend?
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...