Sunday, July 17, 2011

Book Rambling: Books You Just Can't Review

Have you ever had a book you just can't review properly?

I don't mean books you can't read or finish, but a book that you just can't review, or can't review properly, even though you love reading it. There are a gazillion reasons for it to happen too. Perhaps it's book number ten or so in the series? Or, maybe it's a favourite book, one you've read too many times to count but never get tired of? This is what's happening for me now. I'm re-reading the Lord of the Rings, slowly (currently just started The Shadow of the Past, in The Fellowship of the Ring). Sometimes I just get a book which I've enjoyed reading, but I'm having trouble articulating just why I liked it.

So, what do you do with books like these? Struggle on and review them anyway? Or, do you make a note that the book was read, and not reviewed?

I'm rather curious.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...