Friday, November 19, 2010

What Would You Recommend? - Kate Morton

This is a question I get asked all the time working in the bookstore: "What would you recommend for somebody who loved "_________"? (fill in the blank)" Usually I can come up with something, but that something can be a bit of a wild guess if it's not a book or genre I normally read. This is where you helpful people come in. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

Kate Morton's two previous books The House At Riverton and The Forgotten Garden have both been incredible best-sellers where I work, and have gotten a lot of readers talking. Now, her new book Distant Hours is looking like it's going to follow the trend. To be honest, I haven't read any of them, though I'm thinking I should give at least The Forgotten Garden a try. Both the descriptions and the reviews make the book look quite intriguing.

I'm getting quite a few people saying that they really liked one or more of the above books, and I'm not sure what else to recommend to them. Perhaps something like Sarah's Key? Suggestions will be gladly taken. What would you recommend? I'm sure that at least one reader of this post has read one or more of these books.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...