Monday, July 5, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - July 5

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each Monday over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. One of my favorite memes each week to be honest. I had to give it a miss last week for lack of internet access, so this week's post will cover both weeks.

The last couple of weeks has been fairly quiet for reading:
The Sleeping Beauty by Mercedes Lackey: the latest of the 500 Kingdoms series.

Snow Flower And The Secret Fan by Lisa See: an incredible story set in nineteenth century China.

Pride And Predjudice And Zombies: The Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith.

The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet by David Mitchell. Fiction set in the early years of the nineteenth century in Japan.

What I'm reading right now:
Think of a Number by John Verdon. Murder mystery. Not my normal reading fare, but I was asked to read it. So far, I'm enjoying the book.

What I'd like to read:
Squire by Tamora Pierce

Lady Knight by Tamora Pierce

Hand of Isis by Jo Graham.

3 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Snow Flower and Thousands Autumns are both on my wish list. I hope you really enjoyed them :)

Jamie said...

I have Snow Flower sitting on my shelf. How are you liking it?

Elena said...

I sure did, Sheila. Snow Flower and the Secret fan is in some ways an easier read than Thousand Autumns though.

Loved it Jamie. I hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading the book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...