Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - July 12

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. This is the meme to keep yourself on track with your reading, if that's something you're interested in.

This week was a good one in terms of getting a lot of reading (or perhaps, I should say re-reading) done. Unfortunately, it was less so for getting the reviews written up on the books I read. I think I'm currently at about six books waiting for reviews.

Last week I read:
The First Test by Tamora Pierce: YA fantasy fiction.

Page by Tamora Pierce: YA fantasy fiction, the sequel to The First Test.

Squire by Tamora Pierce. The third book in the Protector of the Small Quartet, and the sequel to Page.

Lady Knight by Tamora Pierce. The sequel to Squire.

Geisha by Lesley Downer. Non fiction on the history of the Geisha. A very interesting read as it covers the last thousand years (give or take a century or two) right up to modern day.

The Snow Queen by Mercedes Lackey. Fantasy, part of the Five Hundred Kingdoms series.

The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey. The first book in the Five Hundred Kingdoms series.

What I'm reading right now:

Think of a Number by John Verdon. Mystery or Thriller, I'm not exactly sure what specifically. This isn't my normal reading material, but I'm enjoying it somewhat. I think this was on last week's list too.

Hand of Isis by Jo Graham. Historical fantasy about Cleopatra.

The World Cheese Book from DK Publishing. In the last couple of weeks I've gotten interested in trying various cheeses, so I thought this would be interesting. Bits of history, flavor notes etc. So far, it is. This book is a bit more geared to my other blog Kitchen Misadventures though, to be honest.

What I plan to read:
The Man Who Loved China by Simon Winchester. Non Fiction.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really enjoyed Think of a Number, I hope you do as well. Wishing you a wonderful week of reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-3.html

Julie said...

Great week of getting reading done! Like you, I tend to run behind on one or the other ... I can catch up on my reading, but fall behind on reviews or vice versa! You have a lot of great books listed, though, so I definitely look forward to seeing the reviews!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

My Monday: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-july-12.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have been busy! Think Of A Number is one I am seeing all over the place today - hope it si a good one :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't read The Man Who Loved China yet, but I really enjoyed Winchester's The Professor and The Madman. Have a great week.

Elena said...

I've been hearing from a lot of people that Think of A Number is so popular. Hadn't heard that it was making the rounds on the blogs though, Jennifer. Thanks for the comment.

Thanks Jewelknits. That seems to be the way it goes.

I am definitely enjoying the book, Sheila, although, to be honest, I've put it down for now for a book a bit more to my taste.

That's definitely good to know Amcatoir. Thanks for the comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...