Saturday, December 19, 2009

New posts idea: What Would You Recommend?

I'm thinking of doing a new series of posts, one a week asking for recommendations from you readers.

I work in a bookstore, and I love it, but I often get asked "what would you suggest for someone who likes (insert book title here)?" Sometimes I can come up with suggestions, but others (and this does happen a lot) the books they're asking about are ones I haven't read, or even if I have, I can't think of another author who's similar.

So, I'm going to be asking for help. One book per week if there's interest. I don't know which day of the week it'll be, but I'm thinking perhaps Thursdays or Fridays, assuming I get internet one of those days (and if I don't I'll try and get it set up in advance to post automatically).

2 comments:

Elisabeth Marie said...

I work at a library, and a resource we use is the following website. If you type in the name of a book it will give you an option to choose other Recommended Reading:

http://web.ebscohost.com/novp/search?vid=1&hid=108&sid=3398ea90-22c3-411d-b328-62c40927a1e6%40sessionmgr110

Hope this helps! :)

Elena said...

That is going to be downright useful. Thanks for the link YSPrincess.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...