Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - October 31 - Halloween Edition

Happy Halloween, everyone. Hope the day is full of little ghouls, ghosts and vampires if that's what you want. I've still got to carve the pumpkins and do the decorating this afternoon.

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks, Sheila for keeping this one going for so long. Seeing what people are reading each week is a neat little window into both old and new books, and very dangerous for adding to my "I'd like to read that" list.

Last week I read:
Beauty and the Werewolf by Mercedes Lackey. Fantasy fiction, the latest book in the Five Hundred Kingdoms series, it's a take-off on the tale of Beauty and the Beast.

I'm currently reading:
Blue Dragon by Kylie Chan. Fantasy, urban fantasy, fiction. The third book in the Dark Heavens trilogy. I've been waiting for this book since I finished reading Red Phoenix.

A History of The Church In The Middle Ages by F. Donald Logan. Non Fiction, History. This is one of those books that I'm reading in chunks and otherwise leaving alone, so it's rather a sporadic read to be honest. Think it's going to be sitting on the dining table for a while yet. Well written and interesting however.

I'm planning to read:
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. This will be a re-read, because I finally got around to watching the movie version the other day.

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. Non Fiction, biography.

Dragongirl by Todd McCaffrey. Fiction, Science Fiction. Saw it in the library and picked the book up on a whim. Generally, I haven't like Todd's books as much as Anne's. Also, I'm not too sure where in his series this one sits.

Invasion by Mercedes Lackey et al. Fiction, Science Fiction. I'm actually not sure if I'm going to read this one at all. I picked it up from the library to get a better look at it though.

4 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Happy Halloween :) Its my pleasure doing the meme... I too add to the ever growing TBR Mountain!

redhead said...

trick or treat! :D

I'm reading Catherynne Valente's new one, The Folded World. As expected, it's incredible.

I love the Memoirs of a Geisha movie, but the book was just OK for me. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it when I read it? I hope you like it tho.

Anonymous said...

Some great titles for you this week - I hope you enjoy them!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Elena said...

Thanks for stopping in, Sheila. Hope you had a good Halloween.

Same to you, redhead. I really liked Memoirs of a Geisha last time I read it, so I'm hoping the same thing will hod true this time.

Thanks, Bookd Out, and the same wish for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...