Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - October 2nd

It's time for another week's summary of what I've been reading/doing with It's Monday! What Are You Reading? hosted by Sheila of the blog One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks for trying to keep us all on track with our reading each week.

This has been a week for buying books rather than reading them to be honest. I don't believe I finished a book at all. Nor have I finished reviewing last week's reading. I still need to write up a review for Mercedes Lackey's novel Changes.

Rather, I bought the following list:
Red Phoenix by Kylie Chan
Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
The Axe and the Oath by Robert Fossier (which I bought at the bookstore, then the other day found at the used bookstore, much to my frustration)
A Short History of the Middle Ages by Barbara Rosenwein (the author of Reading The Middle Ages Volume II which I read a couple of years ago)
Pausanias Guide to Greece Volume One Translated by Peter Levy
The Ruin of the Roman Empire: A New History by James J. O'Donnell
Atlas of Medieval Europe

Most of these are historical books, which I have a bad habit of buying but not reading.

What I'm currently reading:
Red Phoenix by Kylie Chan. Fiction, urban fantasy, the sequel to White Tiger. This is a book that I'm absolutely loving, just as much as I did the previous book. It's also a fairly long read.

Hannah and the Spindle Whorl by Carole Ann Shaw. Kid's novel and one I'm enjoying reading because I'm familiar with the area it's set in. Also I'm intrigued by spinning, so to see a novel where it's hopefully featured is neat.

What I plan to read:
The same two books that were on my list the last few weeks. And maybe the Seanan McGuire book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...