Thursday, February 18, 2010

What Would You Recommend? - Tamora Pierce

Being posted early because I'm pretty sure I won't have internet access tomorrow (Friday).

This is a question I get asked all the time working in the bookstore: "What would you recommend for somebody who loved "_________"? (fill in the blank)" Usually I can come up with something, but that something can be a bit of a wild guess if it's not a book or genre I normally read. This is where you helpful people come in. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.


Tamora Pierce has written a number of very popular childrens/teen books suited for various ages and set in at least two very different worlds. I'm more familiar with the world of Tortall, which is the world that the Song of the Lioness Quartet, the Wild Magic quartet, the Keladry books and others are all set in. She's also written the Circle of Magic series, which I haven't read.

What I'd like to know is what else I can recommend to people who've already read these. I've been suggesting The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley, which is one of my favorite fantasy novels. I also recommend the Heralds of Valdemar books for older fans of Tamora Pierce, but what else could I suggest, especially for younger readers?
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...