I posted yesterday about starting a new shawl project, the Goldberry shawl by Michele DuNaier and I'm participating in the CAL she has going on for it right now over on Ravelry.
Today's progress was slim, I've only finished row 6 so far, and that's with having to unpick row four at one point today. I have discovered that the yarn I've picked for this is somewhat more difficult to rip out - partly because it's laceweight, but mostly because it's got some mohair content, which halos around the yarn a bit. That also makes the stitch definition a bit more fuzzy than I'm used to as well.
On the other hand, the yarn is working up into something that feels wonderfully soft in my hands, and surprisingly, isn't at all scratchy feeling - something I've been worrying about due to the mohair content.
The colours are also behaving quite nicely too. I hadn't done a test swatch at all - I'm sure some of you readers are shaking your heads at me for this - but I don't tend to swatch for shawls or anything where size isn't an absolute concern. I'm too impatient, and I just want to get to the project right away.
I can definitely say that I'm having fun with the project though, and I don't want to put it down.