Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Favourites - Your Favourite Aspect Of E-Books?

Friday Favourites - a chance to rave about a favourite reading/book related topic each week.

Sometimes you just want a chance to rave about some favourite aspect of reading that doesn't really come up during regular blogging posts - that's what this is about. I'm willing to bet that at least some of those will come up one week or another.

This week I'm asking what your favourite aspect of e-books is.

Please leave either a link to your response or your response itself in the comments.

For myself the first thing that comes to mind is the sheer portability of some of the e-ink e-readers out there. The last for weeks and weigh very little. As a result, I'd have to say that my favourite aspect of e-books is portability. I can have a dozen or more books at my fingertips, so there's always going to be something that I want to read there. And, I haven't taken up half my baggage space with books the way I used to when I travelled.

There is a second aspect that  I love too. This one comes from the people I talk to at work, where selling e-readers is one of my jobs. I've had several conversations with people who say how much they love the variable font size, that it's making it easier for them to read again. I love it that the e-readers can open up the worlds of books to people who have a hard time with paper for various reasons.

So, what's your favourite aspect of e-books and e-readers?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Personally, I love to read on an e-reader, because it's small, portable and I can take it everywhere with me. Also, I have many eBooks downloaded from All you can books... great site with many great and interesting titles... we can have them with just one click.

Elena said...

That's just it, the convenience.

Thanks for commenting, Diana.

Anonymous said...

I love my nook, it's convinient, I can make the font bigger when I'm tired and when I read 1,000+ page books I don't have to break my wrists :)

Oh, yeah - and I can read on my back.

http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

Elena said...

Convenience like that is the one that I hear from a lot of people. Thanks for dropping in with a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...