Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - December 5

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks Sheila for trying to keep us all on track with our reading.

As usual this week the books I was reading last week aren't the ones that got finished for this week.

Completed Books:
A Beautiful Friendship by David Weber. Young Adult, Science Fiction. Set in the world of the Honor Harrington novels, but much earlier in the history. This is the story of the discovery of the tree-cats and the first adoption.

Facing the Frozen Ocean by Bear Grylls. Non fiction, outdoors. A recounting of Bear Grylls trip across the northern Atlantic in an open inflatable boat. Quite the read!

I'm currently reading:
The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey. Fiction, Science Fiction. The story of the most famous telepath in the FT&T.

Ring Of Words: Tolkien And The Oxford English Dictionary by Peter Gilliver, Jeremy Marshall and Edmund Weiner. Non Fiction. This is kind of weird. I thought I knew what this book was going to be about, but it's turning out to be something completely different. Still interesting - perhaps even more interesting for all of that. I'd thought it was going to be a more detailed biography of Tolkien's years during which he was working on the OED, but instead it's turned out to be about the words he edited. Neat!

As usual. I'm not sure what I'm going to be reading next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I' not really a SciFi reader though I have always planned to try something by Anne MCCaffrey.
Enjoy your reading week!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Elena said...

I hope you enjoy your week too, Shelleyrae. If you want to give Anne McCaffrey a try and science fiction isn't really you thing, she's also written some romances, including The Lady and Three Women, which is a book of three novellas, among others. Those two are my favourites though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...