Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - August 29th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks for keeping us all on track with our reading Sheila. It's been a good week for once last week.

I finished reading:

Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian. Fiction, paranormal romance. Book one of The Midnight Breed series. I've read the book before, and yet not reviewed it, so I guess I should admit that I'm not a hundred percent certain it'll get reviewed this time either. Hopefully so. It's a good read.


Bookstore Lore by Tom Lichtenberg. Non-fiction. One of the funniest books I've read in a long time. A short read, but a good one.


The Wizard of London by Mercedes Lackey. Fiction, fantasy. One of the Elemental Masters series. Again, it's a book I've read before and loved.

I'm currently reading:
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien. Fiction, fantasy. Part three of The Lord of the Rings. To be honest, this one's slipping onto the back burner a bit. I love the book, I just happen to be distracted by plenty of other books right now.

My Side of the Mountain by Jean C. George. Fiction, children's. I've been reading other books on my break, although I want to go back to this one.

Peony In Love by Lisa See. Fiction. I found this one in one of the book boxes in my storage unit and thought it was time to give it another try. I'm really enjoying it this time. Not as much as Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, but it's good.

The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. Fiction, ARC. This one I've enjoyed as far into it as I got, but again, it seems to be slipping to the back burner.

I want to read:
Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian. The second book in the Midnight Breed series.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really enjoyed Peony In Love, even more so after I had finished it and pondered the book. Have a wonderful week reading.
My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-54.html

Elena said...

It's certainly an interesting book. I hope you have a great week too, Jennifer. Thanks for commenting.

Unknown said...

Will be putting "Bookstore Lore" in my wishlist. Have a great week ;)

Elena said...

Angelica, to the best of my knowledge, the book is a freebie e-book off of the Kobo site. Didn't see it at all on Amazon, so no wishlisting needed. Just enjoy the read, either as the e-book or on their blog.

Thanks for commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...