Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - May 16

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks Sheila for trying to keep us all on track with our weekly reading. Besides, this meme is a great way to find new books. I know I often see books that I end up wanting to read.

Last week I read:
Divergent by Veronica Roth. Teen science fiction set in a dystopian future. An interesting and popular book these days, but not my favourite by any means.

I'm currently reading:
The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon. Fantasy fiction. The re-read is going slowly, but I'm still really enjoying it.

I'm planning to read one or more of the following:
Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward. Paranormal Romance, fiction. The latest novel in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. Fantasy fiction. The first book in the Song of Ice and Fire series.

I'm also putting a lot of time into an attempt at crocheting a shawl.

10 comments:

jlshall said...

I've got A Game of Thrones on my TBR list. Haven't heard of the other books you mention - I'll have to check them out. Have a great week of reading!

Elena said...

Thanks for commenting, jlshall. I hope you have a great week too.

Jennifer said...

Enjoy your books this week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-39.html

Jan von Harz said...

very excited about reading Divergent. Hope you enjoyed it. Have a great week!

Elena said...

Jennifer, thanks for commenting. I've been by your link too now. As always, I'm impressed by how much you get read.

Jan, I hope you enjoy Divergent. I know it's a really popular book.

redhead said...

Game of Thrones is awesome!

I finished up a hilarious yet thought provoking book called The Damned Busters, by Matthew Hughes, and then started in on my very yummy Doctor Who graphic novel.

geekulence, I haz it!

Joann said...

I want to read JR Ward, enjoy!
jbdownie5@yahoo.com

Elena said...

redhead, I keep hearing that, so I finally broke down and bought the book for my e-reader. Thanks for commenting.

Joann, I love her books. I hope you do too when you get around to reading them. Thanks for stopping in with a comment.

Conor said...

I'm reading "A Clash of Kings", the second Game of Thrones book. I like the first a lot and I think the HBO series has been really good and faithful to the series.

Elena said...

Conor, thanks for stopping in. That's good to hear that Game of Thrones is staying true to the books. Haven't been watching it though (don't get the station). I've basically heard nothing but good things about it though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...