Monday, April 25, 2011

It`s Monday! What Are You Reading? - April 25

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week by Sheila over at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. Thanks for keeping us all on track with our reading each week (Not to mention the reviewing).

Last week I read:
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. Fiction, set in 19th century China. An incredibly beautiful, if sad, novel about a girl's life in China. Feels like it could be a memoir, even though it's fiction. I can't recommend this book enough!

I'm currently reading:
Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran. Fiction, set in France at the beginning of the Revolution. A definite change of pace from both my usual reading and from Michelle Moran's previous books. I'm definitely enjoying the read.

Medieval Households by David Herlihy. Non Fiction about medieval life. I'm not actually sure if I'm really going to be reading this book at this time, but it's one that I've dipped into and it looks interesting.

I'm planning to read:
Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward. Paranormal Romance, the most recent book in the Black Dagger Brother hood series. This one's only on here if I can get a hold of it this week. Otherwise it'll have to wait, but I'd really like to read it. The reviews certainly are whetting my appetite on this book.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am pleased to see you enjoyed Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Enjoy your books this week and have a wonderful week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-36.html

Nise' said...

I am probably one of the last to get to Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Have a great reading week.

Elena said...

Thanks Jennifer. I plan to, and I hope you do too.

Nise', it's a great book. I hope you have a great week too. Thanks for commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...