Monday, August 30, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - August 30

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

For the last few weeks, I've ended up so far off track that it wasn't even worth posting about it. I think things have started to improve now though.

Last week I read:
Jewels by Victoria Findlay: a non fiction book on ten different jewels: pearl, amber, diamond, ruby, sapphire, jet, emerald and others. It covers their history, how the gem is formed and a bit about the uses.

Nimisha's Ship by Anne McCaffrey: A nice, fun, science fiction read. One I've read a few times before, but I keep on enjoying it.

And, finally, the big one I read last week: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: Teen science fiction, and a very good book. It kept me up until three A.M.

At the moment I'm reading:
Half-Brother by Kenneth Oppel. It's a teen novel, and I'm actually not sure if I'm going to finish it. The neat thing is though, that it is set in Victoria. A place I know. Still, the book's not grabbing me.

Not sure what I'm going to be reading this coming week.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...