Friday, June 25, 2010

What Would You Recommend? - Lisa See

This is a question I get asked all the time working in the bookstore: "What would you recommend for somebody who loved "_________"? (fill in the blank)" Usually I can come up with something, but that something can be a bit of a wild guess if it's not a book or genre I normally read. This is where you helpful people come in. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

Lisa See's books are always very popular. Especially the titles Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and Shanghai Girls. I can usually recommend them to anyone who likes historical fiction or stories set in China. But, a lot of people have already read at least Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Then I run into trouble suggesting books. Aside from Lisa See, the historical fiction I know of for Asia is all set in Japan, such as Memoirs of a Geisha.

So, what authors or titles would you suggest for those who liked Lisa See's novels?
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...