Friday, June 11, 2010

What Would You Recommend? - Books For Teen Boys

 This is a question I get asked all the time working in the bookstore: "What would you recommend for somebody who loved "_________"? (fill in the blank)" Usually I can come up with something, but that something can be a bit of a wild guess if it's not a book or genre I normally read. This is where you helpful people come in. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

I got asked earlier this week to recommend some good teen books for boys. Which gave me a bit of difficulty. While I know there are a fair number of good books and series for girls in that age range, such as the books by Tamora Pierce, I don't know the same thing for boys. What I ended up coming up with were the Cherub/Henderson Boys series by Robert Muchamore, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, and the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson.

Given the size of the teen section in both the library and my local bookstore, those can't be the only good teen books for boys out there. On the other hand, I'm comfortable recommending them simply because they get asked for a lot. Surely there are some librarians or parents of teen boys out there who can make some more suggestions. So, What Would You Recommend?
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...