Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Lick Of Frost

A Lick Of Frost
Laurell K. Hamilton
Ballantine Books
Copyright 2007
ISBN: 9780345495907

The latest book in the Merry Gentry series.

A Lick of Frost was a good read, although I found myself lost at the beginning. Either I hadn't read the last book or there was a jump in time between the two books, as the charges against Merry's guards made no sense to me.

Events certainly move things forward in this book too, I found that I couldn't put it down until the last page was turned. However, I'm glad I got the book from the library as it was far too quick a read. I finished A Lick of Frost in just over two hours. I'm waiting to see what happens in the next book now.

One thing which is quite tantalizing about this series is the way that new little tidbits about the world she's created keep coming to light in each book, such as the various aspects of the treaties signed with the U.S.A.

I'm trying not to give things away, so all I'll say is that Laurell has wound up a couple of the threads of the story, while starting off a whole bunch more for the next book.

As is usual with Laurel K. Hamilton's books, this one is not for the little kids.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...