Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Back from Halifax

Just back from Halifax and the Indexing Society of Canada's annual conference. When I say "just back" I mean it. Got the suitcases unpacked, but nothing more than that. Not even my photographs off the camera.

I had a great time at my first ever professional conference, learning more about all sorts of indexing-related topics, including meta-data, epub, biography indexing and so much more, and it was great to meet some of my teachers from the Berkley Indexing Course, which I'd finished just days before I had to fly out for the conference.

Halifax was wonderful - everyone was so friendly and helpful - from recommendations for places to eat to being willing to do things like call for cabs (for a while my phone wouldn't do it without an area code that I didn't know).

One of the biggest things for me was the sense of history the city and surrounding areas hold. Especially down by the waterfront it seemed as though every third building or so had a plaque with the year it was built - most of them being mid-1800's.

I just got home, and while I'm glad to be here, especially being back with my two cats, I also miss Halifax, and I'd love to go back for another visit - maybe see a sunrise or two at Peggy's Cove and see some of the other scenic sites too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...